4.12.2011

I wish they were kidding

I got word today that I will be sitting in a 3 day training May 9 - 11.  3 days learning how to teach math or something along those lines.  Not sure what we will do for 3 days, but I'm sure the geniuses at work know what they are doing.  This is the week before Open House and 2 weeks before school is out.  I will be sitting listening to other talk instead of working my kids for the last minute "hurrah".  I will be thinking of a million things instead of doing my small groups, which I don't think I would have my sub do.  I just think this is ridiculous.  All my "fun" things I do at the end of the year will be done by a sub or not at all.  I am running out of time to get it all in, and now taking me away for 3 days doesn't help.  Luckily I was able to get a very high quality sub, so I am not too worried about that, it's just the fact there is a million things I won't be doing - like seeing an assembly we paid for.  Or having my kids write their own books.  I normally do this the week before open house and I don't know if I can get it in.  I won't leave it for a sub as there is a lot that goes with it.  I may have to think about it and change my "always" into something new. 

After getting word of the trainings, it just sent my day into a downward spiral.  Too many things, not enough time.  And it topped off a rocky morning with my daughter who didn't want to go to preschool and I had to leave her with a teacher, crying for me.  Yep, I see my Mother of the Year award in the mail as I type!  This is the bad part of working - the mommy guilt!  Ugh!  

No rest for the weary.  I've got to go make dinner, clean the dishes left in the sink, organize the kitchen a bit and watch my daughter put a puzzle together.  Homework is still calling my name, but it is easier than the art class (which there are 2 more of in the future - what was I thinking?).

Happy Tuesday!  Oh, a bright spot....It's the season premiere of Deadliest Catch...love me some crab fishermen (but I hate crab!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment