4.17.2011

I love shopping

...especially when it's someone else's money!  I went to Lakeshore today and spent my $300.  It was earmarked for EL learners, so I bought a lot of games, activities and bulletin board sets to help the EL's as well as all the kids in the class.  It was fun shopping, but I was bummed that they didn't have what I really wanted (which they never do it seems.  Check out my loot!!!!

All my bags...the reusable bag is free when you spend $25 or more!  And, I was able to use my coupons I had and they also had one they gave me to use, too! 

Games...sequencing, adding and subtraction, money, word families, middle sounds and changing words.  I hope the kids like them!

This is 3 magnetic game boards - syllables, word families and somthing else (not sure!)

A writing one...I will try it out at centers and 2 science centers - one on weather and the other is little file folder games.  Some look good, some, well, you know!

Bulletin board sets - I always seem to be drawing stuff, this will put an end to that and I can use my time in other ways for my class!  Weather, plants, animals, maps, symbols, parts of speech and winter holidays.  The big ones were all on clearance for like $6!  What a steal! 

I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and really start looking at it all.  I may do it tonight, but I don't want to lose any pieces thanks to a 4 year old (or the dogs!).  There is so much I would love to have if I had a disposable income, but I have been very good and haven't bought much for my class.  I am going to change it all around after the year is over, so I will need to spend a little money then to make it look cute.  I thought I knew what I wanted, but after visiting Lakeshore, I have lots of ideas.  Thinking of stars now, or they have this cute flower idea.  Hmmmmmm...what to do, what to do!

2 comments:

  1. I love Lakeshore! There isn't one anywhere near where I live so I have to order everything. Probably a good thing because I'm certain I'd be in a heap of trouble if I could actually set foot in one of those places ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually shop for educational toys for my kids. I like the reusable bags that you get for free. Hehe. Being a dad, I find so much pleasure in shopping with my wife for toys that my kids can play with and learn from.

    ReplyDelete