4.24.2011

The Final Five

Tomorrow begins the last 5 weeks of school.  From here on out, there are 5 weeks, each with 5 days.  And then we are done.  And I can't wait!  It's going to be a very busy 5 weeks, with a lot to do, a lot to learn and a lot to complete before it's all said and done. 

We still have 4 weeks worth of stories to cover in our reading program.  The last few weeks have been crazy, so I am looking forward to having the time to do the stories the way I want to and actually get into them a bit more.  I hope it works the way it is working in my head.  Chances are...it won't.  But, a girl can dream! 

Math is coming to an end, thank goodness.  We'll begin our unit on measurement this week and do it for 2 weeks.  We actually have a week or so without math, but there is plenty of adding and subtracting practice that needs to be done, too. 

We are starting to work on plants.  We were introduced to plant needs and plant parts last week and will start to go a little in depth on plants over the next few weeks.  I am doing some new things, and so far I like it. 

I don't know about you, but when I get to this point in the year, my mind start thinking about next year.  I have a ton of ideas that I want to work on over the summer and have ready for school in August.  Some things will be a lot of work and I don't know how I am going to get them the way I am envisioning them, but that's what summer's for, right?  I actually started working on something today, but I don't know if I love it.  I will tinker with it some more til it's what I have in my head. 

I have greatly enjoyed my 3 day weekend.  I am not ready to go back to work at all.  I have loved being home with my daughter and my hubby and spending time with them.  My time will come shortly when I will be home 24/7...and then I will be dreaming of going back to work!  As much as I love my family, I don't think I could be here all the time. 

Happy Easter to everyone.  Here's to a great end of the year!

3 comments:

  1. We have six weeks left - TONS of testing yet to do, but I like the happy chaos near the end. I'm definitely ready for summer break :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very ready for vacation! And this year, more than ever. My kids are way better than last year's class, but I am done with them. Overall, they are pretty much ready for 2nd, but it's those that aren't that are wearing me down. And the behavior at school (all the kids in the whole school) is horrible, which makes it worse. Happy end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24 days!!!! and I get a bigger smile each day as the number decreases!

    ReplyDelete