4.30.2011

Big plans down the drain!

I was hoping to have a very productive Saturday.  I had a lot of things I wanted to/needed to get done and so far, I have done 1 thing.  Just one!  I feel very lazy, but for good reason!  We are having a lovely windy day.  And my sinuses are out of control.  I have a major sinus headache, with a touch of a hormone headache, too.  Doesn't make for a happy girl at all. 

But, I did get one thing done.  I got an e-mail last night from a used bookstore nearby.  They said they were going out of business and all their books were 50 cents a pop.  So, we ran down there today and spent $33 on books.  I got a ton of books for school, some for my daughter and my hubby found some books for himself, too.  All in all a good day.  It sucks that the store is closing, but what can you do.  They were awfully expensive for a used bookstore and I am sure their rent was pretty high, too.  But their loss is my gain!  I had hoped to find some books for my author studies, but it wasn't meant to be.  I found some books here and there for fun or for my library, so the kids should like something new on Monday! 

I am hoping to get around to making and posting the next units for reading either today or tomorrow.  I have a ton of laundry to do, lesson plans to write for the 3 days I am gone and a million other things that need to get done by tomorrow night.  I am hoping the meds kick in soon, as I have been waiting a while now.  I am hoping the wind is gone tomorrow and I can feel some relief.  A few years ago I never had sinus issues, but in the last couple years, they have come on with a vengance.  If this is what happens when you get older, then I want to stop right now and stay the age I am!  I am already have issues with my upcoming b'day and the age I will be, but if sinus issues are going to be worse, then I will stop where I am!  Too bad it isn't that easy!  I think I would have stayed 29 then!

Here's to a better Sunday and a restful Saturday night!  Hopefully my dog will sleep tonight and not wake us up all night long whining!  That was last night's fun after an expensive trip to the vet and an unhappy pooch trying to learn to live with the satelite dish collar that will be his friend for a few more days, at least until the drains can come out and we get the OK from the vet.  It's always something, isn't it? 

1 comment:

  1. so sorry you aren't feeling well! I can empathize and sympathize as I have sinus headaches a lot too. Found mosit heat(heat wet wascloth in microwave) helps with the pain and also LOVE a Nettie pot, which helps rinse those sinuses. I was skeptical but it really helps! Hope you feel better soon!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete