3.06.2011

I finally broke down...

and paid for the first 2 classes I need to take to move all the way over on the pay scale. I have been putting it off, but I paid for them tonight. I need 14 units to move all the way over, which will be a BIG increase in my pay next year - almost $500 more a month. I can handle that and I need it.

I signed up to take and art class and a planning class. Both are 3 units and both I can do from my home. I will take the other classes later this spring, once these are done. I have another art class I want to take, plus some other classes that aren't that hard, but may teach me a little something in the process. I hate the idea of going to school at night, so this will be good. I ordered the book tonight for the one class, and amazon told me it would be here by the 28th. How nice. I guess I will just wait on that one and plow through the art class. I have 18 art assignments, some journaling and then some critiquing I have to do. The syllabus is 59 pages, so I didn't print it all out yet. A little at a time.

I am hoping to start tomorrow night (after the dentist - grrrrr) and get one thing done. A lot of the projects look simple, but this art challenged gal may need some time to get it right. I am a perfectionist, so I may need all the help I can get.

My weekend is about over. I hear the tea kettle now telling me it's done. I am tired from our trip to the Living Desert yesterday and from the 8 loads of laundry today. Tell me - how do 3 people make so much laundry? I didn't do it last week since I was at a funeral and then sick on Sunday, so it's been there for awhile. At least it's done, we have clean clothes and I can start the week with a full closet.

But, even though I am a perfectionist, I haven't even looked at my lesson plans for this week. I am sure there are empty boxes to be filled in, but I don't care tonight. I am tired, I am still sick, but feeling better and I would rather cuddle on the couch with the hubby and watch some TV. I am already sad that Big Love is almost over forever, but Army Wives will be starting tonight. Yep, I am a HUGE couch potato and love every minute of it.

Here is to a great week, even if it starts out with a triip to the dentist. My week next week will end with a day off and trip to Vegas! I have something to look forward to! And only 3 more weeks til spring break!

No comments:

Post a Comment