3.06.2011

Houghton Mifflin Unit - The Forest

Here is a mini unit I made to go with our story this week The Forest. I am going to do this story for 2 weeks...kinda. Next week I do a supplemental unit with a couple stories on the rain forest and then we compare and contrast the forest with the rain forest. In the past, I have had the kids make a diorama or poster of a forest or rain forest. Not sure if I am going to do the same this year...not really feeling it with this group. Below is the mini unit that goes with the story in Houghton Mifflin. Enjoy!

The Forest unit

2 comments:

  1. We also have the HM series at my school and we are on the exact same story each week that have been being on! I'm disappointed that you will be doing this one for two weeks... I have been loving your awesome things you have been posting for the stories and using them with my kiddos each week as well! Thanks for sharing your hard work! :) I like your idea of comparing the rain forest and forest. I will have to see if I can find some books about the rain forest. :)

    Thanks again!

    Elisabeth
    www.missdelk.blgspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your willingness to share your ideas. Like you our school uses Houghton Mifflin. I only wish I had found your sight earlier in the year! Next year we are adopting new textbooks so, our stories will change. I appreciate all your hard work and because it's a bit different my kids are once again enthusiatic which will help since we only have a few weeks left of school.

    ReplyDelete