3.22.2011

Exhaustion

4 more days til spring break. I don't know if I can make it. I am utterly exhausted. It happens every time before a vacation I can't function the week before out of tiredness. I think it's the anticipation of the time off, the excitement of not having to get up when it's dark, and getting to be home with the family for a whole week! I can't wait!

This morning I feel much better than yesterday. Yesterday was cold, rainy and crappy. I was cold, tired and crappy. Not a good combo. I didn't want to be at work, didn't like being at work and wasn't in the mood for teaching much. Not a pretty day at all. It was all put in motion by looking at my spelling tests from Friday. My students who I have been working with really hard bombed the test. Like had no clue there were words on the test. And one poor girl just scribbled. Little circles on the paper for words. She can make the letters, but when she doesn't know, it's circles. I need to have an SST on her, but the coordinator is tired of SST's and is waiting til May. That's dandy. I put her on the list in January and am waiting til May. I know deep down something isn't right with this student, but beyond that, I don't know.

While my calendar says it's spring, outside is a different story. We had over 2 inches of rain since Sunday. For some it may not seem like a lot, but in So Cal, it's sometimes what we get in a whole year. And it's not done. It's supposed to rain til Friday, on and off. Makes for a fun day if being cooped up in a classroom. But, I guess we shouldn't complain. Summer will be here before we know it and it will be hot, hot, hot!

Happy Tuesday...wishing it was Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment