2.08.2011

I know they say not to piss off the custodians, but...

could it get any worse? I mean, really? Could it get worse than having a years worth of dead bugs on the window sill? Could it get worse than having spiders everywhere in the room? Could it get worse than having fingerprints all over the windows from last year's students? I don't think so.

I went a bit off on the custodians today. Blame it on PMS, the weather, or me just being a bitch. I don't care anymore. I am tired of teaching in filth. My students deserve a clean classroom to learn in and they are going to get it one way or another, if it kills me. I went into today and seeing the crumbs that fell off a project LAST WEEK was the last straw. I sorta yelled at the day custodian who isn't the one who cleans our rooms and told him that I will vacuum my own room. Then he told the night custodian who decided to throw some attitude my way and then I basically went off. Sorry, but don't tell me that you vacuumed last night when it's complete BS. Don't tell me you aren't going to work harder because someone left something for you to do. CLEAN. MY. DAMN. ROOM!

I went to the principal and the union rep, but I don't think it will matter. Same old stuff, again and again. But, if my room gets vacuumed tonight, I will be happy camper. If I walk in tomorrow and there is crap on the floor, then I will know it's retaliation for going to the principal. I'm doing my job, others need to do theirs, too!

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! My kindergarteners clean way better than our two custodians! I make them sweep and pick up under the tables evey day. I have to mop my own room about once a month. It is ridculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will now stop complaining about my floor getting swept every night but only mopped 3 times per year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did get vacuumed last night and he told me he was going to vacuum tonight. I'm not holding my breath, but it's a change. For now anyway!

    ReplyDelete