2.18.2011

7 facts...a week later

Sunny, over at the Caffeinated Teacher tagged me in 7 facts. I am a bit behind the times, but thought I would join in the fun with 7 facts about me.

1. I am the only one of my siblings to go to college and graduate college. After college, I went to get my master's and a 2nd emphasis, all before I was 25. Along with that, I was the first to graduate high school since my dad (on his side). My cousins never made it that far in school.

2. I met the hubby on line. Scary thing is, we grew up less than a mile apart from each other. We worked one summer at the mall and our stores were across from each other. And we went to the same high school and never knew each other. Thank you, Yahoo!

3. I teach in the district I went to school in. And I taught at my elementary school til they shut it down.

4. I love to watch Tori and Dean. I will DVR it and watch it when it's on. It's not that she's a genius, but really, she knows her stuff. I just wish I could be half as skinny as she is and have half her money. I'm already a blonde (for real!) so I have that covered!

5. I have one daughter. And only one daughter. It will remain that way forever! I almost died after having her, thank to a medical error. And, after pushing for 2 1/2 hours to have to have a c-section, that's not my cup of tea. An 8 day stay in the hospital for one little baby was more than enough for me. Plus, we can spoil her and give her all our attention, whether she wants it or not!

6. If I didn't teach, I don't know what I would do. I wanted to be a teacher my whole life. There are times I think it would be nice to be a stay at home mom, but then I think of all the work I would have to do daily, and it doesn't sound fun at all. I do miss being with my daughter, but she's growing up now and will be in school next year, so there isn't much for me to do. Yeah, I had huge mommy guilt, but I got over so my family could live and eat. And my daughter is a better person having her daddy with her most of the time!

7. I love reading. But I am very picky. I will read Danielle Steel books all the time. I have a bookcase and a box full of them. I am starting to beanch out to other authors, but not too much. I am selective in my reading. My bookcase has books by exactly 4 authors - Danielle Steel, Elin Hilderbrand, LaVyrle Spencer and Emily Giffin. That's it. I have read books by others, but I don't save them. They don't interest me that much!

I am not that exciting of a person, I guess. But, happy reading! And as for tagging people, join if you want, don't it you don't want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment