1.17.2011

What a crappy day!

I am glad today was a holiday. It's been a crappy day and I will be glad when the day is over. First of all, I have a cold/sinus/allergy thing going on. I had one last year at this same time. And it didn't go away til June. I'm not kidding. I was on antibiotics for what seemed like an eternity. I am not going to do that again. It screws up my stomach, makes me break out like a teenager. Just nasty. I think I would rather be snotty than have the other side effects. I blame my classroom. My vents are dirty and all around them is black on the ceiling. The principal thinks its gross, but nothing has been done yet. Last year this happened and it took me taking pics and showing my old principal them and threatening to send them to the DO. I don't know what's in my vents or in my room, but I have never had sinus/allergy/cold problems like I have the last 3 years now. It freakin' sucks! But, I will carry on and go to work and act like it doesn't bother me. Maybe by June I will feel better. I spent half of Saturday and all of Sunday resting and sleeping, just to spend the nights awake. I am not a happy person today at all. But I have put off a nap in hopes of sleeping tonight. There may or may not be some Darvocet in the future to help me sleep. And give me some freaky ass dreams! As long as I sleep!

The other thing that made it crappy is my cat ran away today. I don't know if ran away is right, but my daughter accidently let the cat out this morning and we haven't seen him since. Besides being sick, I am heartbroken that my cat is missing. My poor hubby has spent all day looking for him, just to make me happy. My other cat seems happy that her brother is gone, since they don't always get along. But I am devestated. Hopefully he comes home tonight once it's dark. I hope he gets home before the coyotes are out tonight. These 80 degree days are making the coyotes go nuts. Here's hoping my cat returns tonight. Silly, I know, but he's my baby.

Good news is that's it's only a 4 day week. I wish I felt better, but I will be glad when this week is over. Ready for the weekend already! Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are feeling badly. Maybe you should have your room tested. We had one teacher that had severe allergies to mold, it messed up her sinuses, and I know she has something legal with the district. At the very least, she is placed in a totally clean room.

    Sorry about your cat. I hope you find it. Maybe it is stuck in a tree and can't get down? Look underneath a few houses too. Every now and again, one goes nosing around and gets stuck.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice about my room. I'm gonna talk to the union rep tomorrow and go from there. This is BS that I've been sick for 3 years!

    Found the damn cat. He was hiding in the garage and my daughter told us "Oh, yeah, he went in there this morning!" Gotta love a 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uggg, I feel for you. I am prone to the same thing and got so sick last year. I swore I would not do it again. I take allergy meds as needed and found that since I have moved to this new area that I just need to take them all the time. I take the generic version of 24hr Claritin with psuedophedrine. You can buy it over the counter at Wal-Mart the equate brand is what I use. It is wonderful and no problems as long as I take it everyday.

    We are located in the country and I have recess duty everyday. The wind blows 50 mph or more and I am outside breathing in all that dirt, mold, pollen, and anything else traveling in that windy dust storm. I swear by the allergy pills. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I may have to try something like that now. I never had trouble with allergies until my junior year of college. Then I started getting "ear infections" in the spring once the snow melted. Now, I don't live where it snows, but according to my daughter's doctor, we are in the epicenter for all the allergins from LA, Orange County, San Diego and wherever else they come from. It sucks. But I wouldn't trade it for snow! This morning my "cold" has migrated to my chest. Fun time ahead for today teaching! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete