1.22.2011

Spring Fever in January Spells Disaster!

Oh my word. It's nutty out here in So Cal. We haven't seen rain since the very beginning of the year, which isn't uncommon, but the temps. have been warm. Too warm for January. We've seen 70's and 80's, which will make those of you in the snow jealous. And maybe a bit violent. But, it's not all it's cracked up to be. The kids go nuts. They think summer is just around the corner and it's time for them to be done with school. Um, no. We still have half the year left. Sorry!

This has been a bad week for me. I have to admit it, I wasn't the nicest person this week. I had no patience, my kids were nuts and I have been sick. Still sick. Going on week 2 now. Yeah, I should go to the doctor and see what's up, but I would rather not subject my body to more antibiotics. You can only be on antibiotics for so long before you feel gross. I should know, it's how I felt last year. I seem to get sick at this time each year (now that I'm at the school I am at) and it lasts, on and off, for the rest of the year. I was on antibiotics last year 5 times from February thru May. And I felt horrible from them. Not again. I guess I will just be miserable and try to fight it off as best I can on my own. And, I don't think having allergies on top of a cold is helping, either. We have trees starting to bloom now thanks to Mother Nature and that isn't helping.

Anyway, my kids were crazy and I was, too. This time of year, I get stressed about getting them ready for second grade. I don't feel that they are ready and I feel the pressure. I want them to all be ready and show the 2nd grade teachers that they are good students. And then when they don't listen, finish their work, talk too much, I lose it. I am hoping to feel better on Monday so we can start the week off on a good note, but it's gonna be a crazy week. Actually, the next 2 weeks are insanely busy with work and fun stuff, but we are still cramming for the benchmark test in 3 weeks. Yikes! I hope the kids are ready! We've been reviewing, but making it practical for what we are doing. I don't like having to teach to the test, but...

In 7 days, we will celebrate the 100th day of school. The next day will be Groundhog's Day. 2 of my favorite days at school. And 2 very busy days. One year, we had both 100's day and Groundhog's day on the same day. Talk about busy! One thing I do it have my kids to a "family take home project." They have to creat a poster with 100 things. It can be whatever they find. Some are very creative and some are just sticking noodles on a board, but either way, they have fun doing it.

Well, it's time for me to get up and get some things done. I am feeling pretty good this morning, so I need to tackle the laundry and my daughter's room. How a 4 year old can make that much mess, I don't know! Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment