12.23.2010

Vacation Thinking

Here we are, on vacation from school, from the kids, from the day to day routines we have. When I should be cleaning, or building the gingerbread house with my daughter, I am blogging and looking for ideas for January. My mind never stops. And I need it to, but right now I am excited. There are so many wonderful ideas out there that I can't wait to do them with my kids. I am excited to go back (when it's time and not a moment sooner!) and do them with the kids.

And then I realize that I am not be the most fabulous teacher. Everyone has these great ideas and I don't think I have them. I want to have them, but I can't seem to get the creative juices flowing. And then it bums me out. And then I mope around the house. Like yesterday. But that's what 7 days of rain will do. BTW...today is partly cloudy, but NO rain!

I am off to clean some more and get my 4 year old to clean her room. That should take me just all day! Oh well! At least it's not raining! Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I should be relaxing but am posting on my blog and tweeting. There are so many wonderful ideas out there and never enough time to absorb them all. Imagine.....January will be her before we know it......to share the knowledge of what we found these past two weeks. Happy Holidays!!!

    Mark in Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder why I don't have the greatest, most creative ideas and have to "borrow" them from others....but then I look at the relationship I have with my students, the mutual respect we share, and the GAINS my students make and that makes me realize creativity does not a fabulous teacher make.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sunny! I really have to remember that, too, that while I am not that creative, my kids learna heck of a loat with me and are prepared to move on to the next grade. It just makes me take notice when other teachers talk about how fabulous they are or how fabulous someone else is simply for the artsy stuff they do. I want to be the total package, but realize I don't have it all...yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a ton of ideas, and some of them hit you in the middle of a lesson. Don't worry about the ideas you can't think of because that just adds pressure. Continue to do the awesome things you do with your kids, and ideas just happen whether it is was an answer you didn't expect from a kid or a surprise creative project one kid was working on.

    My best ideas never hit me when I am trying to think of them. They hit me on the drive to school, in the shower, at professional development or staff meetings, and most of them hit me in the middle of class.

    ReplyDelete