11.20.2010

Random Thoughts

I am now on a week vacation from school. Seems anti-climatic since we had a 4 day weekend last weekend, but I will take it. I am in desperate need of some down time and me time. I never take too much me time, and it's beginning to get me donw.

Or, it could be the fact that my hubby got his test results from his big test in July and he didn't pass. It bumbs me out, but I can't let him know that. So, our lives will continue as they have been for the last 5 years - living paycheck to paycheck, studying for the next 3 months til the next test, and me being the loan bread winner. It really sucks. I wish I had a crystal ball and knew that good things were coming. I just feel knocked down when things like this happen.

I am planning my to do list for the weekend. It's going to rain all weekend, so we are stuck inside. Hubby doesn't want to go anywhere, so it looks like a long weekend with my daughter stuck in the house. It looks like the office is the first thing on the priority list. It's a mess. It's cluttered. And it's full of crap that my hubby needs to start studying again for the test. Joy. And I was hoping we could turn it all in and get it out of the house.

I was trying to think of what to make/give as gifts to people at work. I have done cookies in the past. I have an idea, but it would be a lot of time to get it done and I don't know if I want to put all the time in. It would give me some me time, but also cut out a lot of my time. How do you all do gifts for co-workers?

Speaking of co-workers, our 1st grader counterpart who has caused us so many issues won't even look at us. It was quite finally really. Yesterday she walked into the restroom and there was a line (2 stalls for a women's restroom at a school? Really?). She turned and look at me and then stromed out of the bathroom with a "Oh, gosh!" What a bitch. That's my new name for her. We had to move our collaboration day to accomodate her needs to have the principal there to babysit us. And, I don't really want to share in my gift-giving with her. Is that bad? Help me out people! She's really a bitch!

I just started raining harder now. I have a cooped up 4 year old (it's only 7:45 and she wants to go out and play), 3 wet dogs sleeping on my floor and a hubby who went out this morning to take another test for a job he doesn't want, but he's feeling desperate. And I get to be home and be all shiny and happy when he gets back. Goody. This is when I wish we lived closer to the "big cities" where there are more things to do for kids on rainy days. Sitting at home isn't one of them! At least my car is getting cleaner than it was.

I think today I will clean what I need to, do laundry (does it ever end?) and then sit on the couch with a book. I finally finished my new Danielle Steel book. It ook me awhile, not because it wasn't good, but because I didn't make me time. It all goes back to that.

I am now trying to figure out how to pay for the classes I need to take to move all the way over on the pay scale. I don't like being stuck with my pay and I've been there now for 3 years. It sucks. I have 2 master's degrees, but because I came from out of state, my units were different than had I been in state. I gotta find $4,000 to take the classes I need and be done for good. Or I gotta find cheap classes that I would like taking. Sucks! :(

Well, I think I am done for now. Gonna play on the internet this morning and waste some time before I get working. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It's a bummer about your husband's test! I feel for you. As for gifts, you could always get gifts from the kids and regift. You can also ask businesses for certain items on behalf of the PTSA. You can get some good freebies that way too.

    ReplyDelete