11.24.2010

My Favorite Store

I am not a big shopper, though part of me would like to be. I like to go to the regular stores we all have, like Target, Wal-Mart (when I really have to), Old Navy and Lowes. But, my income does not support my love of those stores like I would want it to, so I go there when I need to! There is a store in town (really it's the next city over, but it's that close) that is a used book store. I have a bunch of store credit ($280) and like looking at the books they have that I don't have the time to read.

My hubby and I went there this morning after dropping my daughter off at pre-school. She wanted to go this week, which as it turned out, was a blessing. She's been a holy terror tonight and I don't think I could have put up with it all day! Anyway, hubby and I went to the book store just to look around. I like to find some books from authors I like, but don't want to pay full price. Today, I walked away with about 6 or 8 books for less than $20! I don't know when I will get to them, but I will add them to my collection and read them when I can. I have 3 books that I started earlier in the year that I have never finished and about 15 more that I have had sitting on shelves. But I just love books!

I bought a couple of books from an author I have never heard of, just to see if I like them. For $2 a book, it's worth it! I saw the same 2 books at Target today for almost $12 a book! Score! It's worth going through the chaotic mess of this store to find good deals. I am still on the hunt for a book I can't find anywhere (missed my chance when it was at Sam's Club in the summer), but I think I have enough to keep me occupied til 2015!

Tonight I will sit down to keep reading the book I started on Saturday. It's taken a strange turn, but I will see how it goes. I was sittin down to read it this afternoon, but my time was better spent napping. I miss naps. I wish we had them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment