10.09.2010

Week in Review: Week 9

Another week has come and gone. Another week down in the plan book. Another week we will never get back in learning. I feel like I am in a rut right now. I think the weather has something to do with it. We went from 100+ degress the week before to this week being cool and rainy. When I say cool, we were in the 60's during the day and the 50's at night. It's a big change from the 90's-100's and it messes with us. Most people were tired all week and couldn't function. I was one of them. But Friday proved to be the changing day. It was 85 yesterday with bright blue skies. My fave! And this weekend will be even warmer. Hello Fall! You remind me of summer. But, our nights are cooler, so the leaves do start changing color.

Reading was the same stuff. We read the story "Seasons" in our anthology. I decided this year I am going to expand the story and do a project next week. I have a great picture in my head of what I want it to look like, but I have art challeneged kids, so I am worried! Nothing exciting in reading this week, but stay tuned!

We continued our read alounds of Leo Lionni books. After last weeks fiasoc with the tear art mice, I decided to venture back into the world of directed drawing. We used the story The Biggest House in the World and grew the snail form the cover.

We drew our own. They weren't great, but not awful, either.


I made the students write about their favorite Leo Lionni book as well. They aren't too sure how to write about something like that. I need to learn how to teach all the different types of writing. We focus on the personal narrative all year, that other writings get lost! I took a pic. of some of the writings, but it doesn't show up well!

For science, we are still learning about weather. I was brave and took out the water colors. I had the students paint a picture of the type of weather thy like best. Most were ok, but there were a couple that Wowed me!




One shows a rainy day, one shows a sunny day and one shows the wind. The wind is my favorite. The boy who did it has an imagination that won't quit. I thought it was great! They had to write about it, too. Again, not the greatest, but most can tell me why they like a certain day, like "I like sunny days. I play in the pool." That's all I want at this point, but sometimes, even that is too much!

We'll have to wait to see what next week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment