10.26.2010

Um, the plans I worked hard on are not merely a suggestion, but they are what I want done!

I went to school today to drop off more sub plans. I think tomorrow will be my last day home for a long time. I got some new drugs, which will hopefully be the right ones this time! My regular doctor is a genius compared to the idiot I saw on Sunday! Anyway, I have never been one to let a little strep throat keep from doing my job. At least when I am cleared to go back to work.

When I got to school, the sub I had was still there. She was sorting through the papers and using every single paper clip I have. I don't know if it was necessary or not. When I went to get the work for tomorrow, I realized it was gone. She did tomorrow's work today since "it looked more fun". Um, there's a reason why I have it done by days. She said she didn't understand why the kids didn't have any idea what the answers were. She did the work for tomorrow that goes along with the anthology instead of today's work, which would have made way more sense. I was very irritated, but I need to learn to let things go. I don't do that well at all, which is 50% of the reason why I am sick. I don't handle my stress well, bottle it up and then get run down. It's a vicious cycle, repeated every few months or so. Oh, and to top it off, I am lucky enough to have her tomorrow. The sub I was originally going to have was moved to another site...stolen really so she could be there all week long. So now I am left with an idiot sub who can't read the plans. Luckily tomorrow is minimum day, with an assembly, so it will be pretty hard to mess that up. But, if anyone can do it, I'm sure it's her!

It just frustrates me that the subs can't be bothered to think a bit harder to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to do. But, maybe that's why I have a contract each year and they don't. Who knows. But it's scary that they are with my kids while I am sick and I am putting their education this week in the hands of an idiot. I sometimes think a monkey would make a better sub!

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't that make you wish you could just let the natural consequences of doing tomorrow today happen (sorry kids)? I'm guessing she would think twice about deviating from what any teacher left ever again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you 100%!!! I hate it when subs can't freaking read lesson plans. I often don't have to wonder WHY they are subs, not contracted teachers.

    Last year I had to be out for 4 days and the sub I had was worthless. I refused to go back in and redo what I had already done after the first day (that she screwed up) so I let her suffer her consequences. Needless to say, she never came to our school again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try and make sure I never have this sub again. Part of it was my fault that I kept asking for the same one for consistency, but no one had ever seen her before. The one I was scheduled to have was pulled by the district to go cover another site for the week. So, that left me with the idiot!

    ReplyDelete