8.15.2010

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

While it's nothing like U2's song, I am not glad that it's Sunday. Last week totally kicked my butt! I am not recovered from the 3 days of kids. But, it's Sunday and I need to be ready for the week. Thie first week of school was insanely chaotic. Between having a new schedule, not knowing where kids go after school and waiting for parents to show up, I didn't have a chance to leave school til after 4. My goal for this year is to be out by 3:45, home by 4, since I do get there by 7:45 (and we start at 9).

Earlier today, my family went to breakfast and then did some shopping - things we needed and things we don't - but we went shopping. Then, we went for a nice frozen yogurt since Mother Nature decided to send summer our way. It will be a nice 105 tomorrow with the humidity coming on Tuesday. We live in the desert, we don't like humidity! It was a nice break to go out and do something with my daughter. The mommy guilt has been killing me this last week.

In a few minutes, I will sit down and start doing my lesson plans. I should have had them done before, but I didn't. I wanted to see where the kids were before I started planning. So far, I think we are good. There are a few that will drive me crazy simply because they sit there like a bump on a log! They don't do their work at all! Ugh! I hate that the most. At least try something once in a while!

I also have to plan for Back to School Night. We have this joyous event on Thursday night. I don't know how many will come and out of that, how many will even know what I am saying! 11 of my 21 kids are Spanish speakers, so it makes it very interesting to communicate with parents. But, I will give it a whirl! Trying to come up with something a bit different for BTS night, but I haven't even put much thought into yet. And 30 minutes goes by very quickly!

I'd better get working on plans. I don't want to wait til the last minute. If I get them done early, I can start tackling the pile of zucchini I have in my kitchen and the box of plums that are going bad. Looks like Betty Crocker will make an appearance today as well! Enjoy your Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Kids who do nothing drive me absolutely crazy! That's like my hugest pet peeve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you survived your first three days! I begin that journey on Wednesday- wish me luck. I meet my kids tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete