8.11.2010

First day of school

Today is my first day of school. I am in the nervous day-before-school phase. I get like this every year. I don't like the unknown. I am a planner. I like things to be laid out in nice, neat little plans. I try to plan my life in little boxes. It doesn't always work and it drive hubs crazy, but that's why he loves me!

Anyway, I spent my teacher work day working, but I also spent a good part of the day staring. Staring at my room, walking in cirlces, wondering what to do next. And the answer was nothing. I had gotten my room done last week, so yesterday was just the little touches. But, a lot of the little touches can't happen til we get more direction from the principal. I won't get started with that today, since it's causing me stress. I have lots of questions, no answers and STRESS! I function off stress, but it does make me a bit crazy. Vanilla rum helps with that, though! Yum.

So, today is the day. I have 22 names on my roll list. I can't even say "roll sheet" since we are going high tech. I expect the internet to crash about 9:05, right when all the elementary teachers are taking roll on the computer! We'll see how this new system works. If all goes well, it will be great. But, if your districts' technology is as great as ours, I see lots of problems in the future! :) I am anxious to see who comes, see how they behave, how they act with me. I met 2 of my kids yesterday and the parents both told me that their child "likes to talk" and "likes to hum and fidget and play with anything and everything." Not the way I like starting the year, but I can get my little horns on and bring out my inner Viola Swamp!


I am excited for the day! It looks like it will be a nice, warmer than it has been day. Let's hope the day goes well and we start out on the right foot! Here's to 175days of fun and learning!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first day!! It's my first day too!! Well I'll just be in meetings this week!! Our Students don't come until Monday the 23rd!! Last night I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of everything I need to do!! UGH!! Hate that!!

    Can't wait to hear about your new little ones!! Hope it's a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great day! My 1st day is on the 16th...meetings all week...the children come in on the 23rd. Have a great year with your new little ones!

    ReplyDelete