8.03.2010

Behavior Chart

As the week chugs on faster and faster, I am quickly coming to the end of my summer break. I have enjoyed it, but am ready to be back into the swing of things. I spent the day at school and have almost everything else ready. There will be more pics coming soon, when I remember to take my camera!

I thought I would post what I do for classroom behavior. Use your imagination to picture it, as my camera was in my office at home! It's similar to many I see. I have a 5 color system. It's a chart With the 5 colors going down. I used 8 1/2 x 11pieces of paper and printed them on the computer. Green is how they all start and it's a perfect day. If they stay on green all day, they get a hand stamp at the end of the day. Parents look for that stamp and are pissed if I didn't have time to do it. I normally have 5 phone calls as soon as they all get home. If a student is given a warning (or 5 is how it normally goes), they move their clothespin to blue. Blue is a warning with no real consequence other than no stamp. This will bring many to tears and hysterical crying for hours. Yellow is a 5 minute time out. If it's in class, they have to put their head down and not do centers. If it's at recess, they owe me time in class. Most hate missing any recess. Orange is next and means you have really pissed me off and I have talked to you way to much. This is where they miss all their recesses and I will let their parents know about their behavior. Most don't even get to this. Fianlly is red. Red can be for those who your are ready to throttle at the end of the day or for any severe behaviors. They also go visit the principal or go to another class for the rest of the day. It's a pain in the ass, but if they get there, then they have been a pain in the ass. I think last year, I had 3 kids who made it to red, and one of them was there all the time. She was awful and her mom really didn't care. She blew smoke syaing she did care, but not really. She was too worried about how she would get her welfare check and cashing her WIC checks. Hopefully I will have 20 (or more) little angels who will all be on green the whole year. A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment