8.14.2010

The Amazingness Award

The Amazingness Award

I woke up this morning still very tired from the first week of school. It's amazing how 3 days can feel like forever. Especially when my daughter came in at 6:30 to wake me up! So, when I finally did roll out of bed and came to play on the computer, I found out I had received The Amazingness Award! It perked me up a little this morning!

Here is how it goes:

A. Thank the person who gave me the award:


Thank you to both Sunny at Caffeinated Teacher and also from Undergraound Teacher! Thank you both so much! I enjoy reading your blogs and getting ideas and sharing our joys and frustrations!

B. Share seven things about myself





1. I am not a coffee drinker in the morning, as many people are. I used to drink a lot of soda, but I have stopped. I can somehow make it through the day!

2. I am the only one in my family that has gone to college and completed it. I have a BS degree in Elementary Ed, a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction and a second MA emphasis in reading.

3. I feel like I live on a farm. I have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 6 chickens and 2 ducks. If Hubs has his way, we would have a goat and a sheep. If my daughter had her way, we would have a horse!

4. I have been married for almost 8 years. I have a 4 year old daughter. And one is enough. I hate it when people ask me how old she is and tell me it's time for another one. I don't think so. I almost died having her, thanks to my doctors stupidity. I had to have a crash c-section (thank you again, Dr. Ass) and then they forgot to count everything. SO, 3 days later, I got sick, had to have another surgery and then visited the cardiac unit for 2 more days. Yep, I'm done having kids. One scary-ass situation is enough for me!

5. I'm a morning person. I can be at school an hour and a half early and enjoy it. By 9pm, I am not a happy person to be around.

6. I love my job. I always wanted to be a teacher since I was in the 2nd grade. It was something I think I was born to do. I may not be the most creative or most fun teacher, but my kids learn and they do well. We have fun, but we ar learning at the same time!

7. I work in the same district I went to school in. Some of the teachers and administrators are still there! I actually worked at my old elementary school for 6 years til they shut it down. There were 4 teachers or so who were there when my brother, sister and I were kids. I was sad they closed it.

C. Pass the award onto 15 other bloggers


There are a only a few blogs I follow, so I may not be able to pass the award to 15 people, but I'll see what I can do!. Here are a few blogs that I make sure to read every day!

Caffeinated Teacher
Teach 4 Real
Vodkamom
It's Not All Flowers and Sausages
Deep Space Sparkle
Dead Class Pets
Look at My Happy Rainbow

There are probably more, but now my daughter is climbing on me to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment